Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Redneck Riviera Report Vol. 8-07

My son called midweek and asked if he and his old boss could come down to try their hand at catching some Redneck Riviera fish…I said sure. The got down Friday and we went for a downtown special. After boating some whiting and sand trout we quickly ran out of live shrimp…I told the son to put a gulp on and try that on the clicking leader I built. One cast and three clicks later he hung a red/black drum hybrid that was probably a world record.

I know it is hard for those of you that know the son and I but I talked him into releasing this one….
I told him we would come back and catch a couple of hundred of its offspring. That night I got a call from the Texas Parks and Wildlife informing me that the shad survey they had taken that day showed that there were not enough shad to support the white bass population. I told them I would call the Greater Redneck Riviera Seine’rs Society or GRRSS for short and get them to tie up some gillnet. The have been keeping in practice making hammocks.

They told me it would take a court order for that and they didn’t have time and asked if I could do it with a rod and reel catching mostly males with large male genital glands to cut back on the spawn. I told them I though it was just wrong targeting them. They pointer out that I founded the Brazos Bottom Big Ball Boar Brotherhood or BBBBBB for short and I couldn’t argue that (see the website www.etoepfer.texfly.com and check out some of the hogs harvested). I said WhoDaMan and SonOfDaMan were ready to help out anyway we could. They promised that they would keep the wardens off that stretch of the river… The next morning we went up the Nueces and brought the sons boss along. Several locals were there catching whites as they went up the small streams just grabbing them with their hands.

Others would just hit them with sticks in the shallows.

The first day we kept all that we had room for....

Going back after the front came through we caught a few more.

The river was kind of small and rocket sled boat…but we needed the big boat to hold all the fish.


Remember to bring someone fishing that doesn't know how to fish and you can catch their limit too. Don't know what we will be doing this weekend down here but we will probably catch more than yall once again.

That is all we know at this time.... this is your "WhoDaMan" reporter on the Redneck Riviera bringing you another almost live...with an auto balanced and resized digital color report.
Hawaiian shirts are everyday attire on the Redneck Riviera.
Become a Member Of:
The White Shrimper Boot Club
The Redneck Riviera a drinking community with a serious fishing problem

No comments: