Friday, September 14, 2007

Redneck Riviera Report Vol. 26-07‏

WhoDaMan stayed true to his word and got out there after the cool front passed through yesterday. The high was in the low 90’s so we didn’t have to wear a jacket that is for sure. Personal Protection Equipment or PPE’s for short include large hats this time of year. It was so hot that at 10:30am I called it quits. Something else I decided to do was limit my catches by the size of the ice chest that I will bring to keep the catch in…1/2 day inshore will be limited to 70 quart ice chest in a way of conserving some fish for others. I don’t know what to do about getting any tanner…lots of locals try to speak Spanish to me and I haven’t really mastered it enough to carry on a conversation yet…I have been told it resembles Tarzans English.

In order to establish how successful the trip was here on the Redneck Riviera will be measured in different ways.
44-50 fish = 1-70 quart ice chest = 1-7 gallon bucket of filleted out fish = 12 square feet of fish = 2-1 gallon Ziploc bags of fillets

For the rest of the folks it will be easier to measure a successful trip:
1-3 fish = 1 Playmate ice chest = 1/2 gallon ice cream container filleted out fish = 1 small slimy spot of fish (better to be measured in square inches) = 1 sandwich bag of fillets


After reporting on the kayak carrier last weekend I have found another innovation for aquatic craft and that is to add an umbrella for you to stand under. I have seen some mounted in boats before but not like this…yep that is 3-250 hp outboards.

With all the rain we have had this year there should be lots of hogs and good deer to be shot. I hope to report on hog kills at a later date.


Yes sir things have greened up nicely. I will be heading down to Baffin Bay to help friends relocate a floating cabin so there might be something to report on that next week I hope….

That is all we know at this time.... this is your "WhoDaMan" reporter on the Redneck Riviera bringing you another almost live...with an auto balanced and resized digital color report.
Hawaiian shirts are everyday attire on the Redneck Riviera.
Become a Member Of:
The White Shrimper Boot Club
The Redneck Riviera a drinking community with a serious fishing problem

No comments: